We're going to try to start a weekly recipe post every Friday. Foodie Friday is here! All recipes with be Paleo-ish. Mostly whole30, paleo, gluten free/dairy free. This week we took a break from the usual and did a meatless meal! I'm really into "bowls" lately, easy and delish! I like to occasionally add some grains like quinoa. The quinoa in this makes it not paleo or whole30. But you can remove the quinoa & add a complaint protein and there you go! This recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free & vegan friendly!
Roasted Veggie Quinoa Bowl
Roasted Veggie Quinoa Bowl with Tahini Dressing
These are gluten-free, dairy-free & vegan.
prep time: <20 MINUTES
cook time: 45 MINUTES
FOR THE VEGGIES:
- 1 package or large butternut squash, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces (I buy prechopped butternut squash because its a paint to cut and saves me so much time!)
- 2 cups cauliflower florets (I buy prechopped cauliflower, I'm all about saving prep time on busy days!)
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, cut in half
- 1/2 red onion, sliced & diced
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
FOR THE QUINOA:
• 1 cup gluten-free quinoa, rinsed
• 2 cups water
• Pinch of salt
Time saving Idea: Path of Life Organic Quinoa & Kale from Costco
Gluten Free & in 5 steam bags!
FOR THE TAHINI DRESSING:
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tsp of red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup warm water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place the vegetables on a baking sheet, making sure they are in an even layer and spread out. Drizzle with olive oil and toss until the vegetables are coated. Season with salt, black pepper, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder. Place in the oven and roast for 30-45 minutes. (I like mine super roasted!) Midway through remove from the oven and toss the vegetables. Let crisp up remainder of time.
- While the vegetables roast, make the quinoa. In a medium saucepan, combine water, rinsed quinoa, and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cover. Cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes, covered. Remove the lid and fluff the quinoa with a fork. OR save time and use the microwave Path of Life packs :)
- For the tahini dressing, whisk together tahini, garlic, lemon juice, red wine vinegar and water in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. If it's too thick, add a little more water and whisk again.
- Then assemble your bowls! Add quinoa + an assortment of the roasted vegetables. Drizzle with tahini dressing.
YUM! So easy (especially if you use my time saving techniques!)
xo • Brittany